Are you interested in joining the BBI family? We rely on the generous support of donors and volunteers, like you, to continue our important work.
*Please respect the dignity of our program and families by only donating new and/or unopened items. We are always happy to accept gifts of cash which go directly to support the needs of our children and their families.
Due to space limitations, we cannot accept used toys, furniture, clothing and household items. Please call 202.842.9090 to schedule a time to drop off your donations or to determine the immediate need. We will provide you with a donation receipt for your tax records when you drop off your donation. Thank you in advance for supporting our program!
Urgently Needed Items
The following items are in very short supply and needed immediately:
- Underwear (all children’s sizes up to 6);
- All sizes diapers – especially 4-6;
- Clothing sizes 5 to 7T for girls and boys;
- Toiletries (all sizes) for all whole family;
- Gift cards in increments of $10-$25. Safeway, Giant, CVS and Rite Aid are preferred but all are welcome;
- Metro fare cards. We suggest that fare card donations be made in smaller increments of $5-$10 per card so we can help multiple families;
- Baby wipes;
- Breastfeeding support pillows;
- Sippy cups;
- Breast pumps;
- Dental supplies;
Donate books to each of our classrooms. Books should be age appropriate for children ages six weeks to five years old. Suggested book donations:
- Diverse characters;
- Picture stories;
- Traditional literature, like nursery rhymes and fairy tales;
- Early reader;
- Animal themed.
- Back to school supplies for children transitioning to kindergarten, including two sets of uniforms, school shoes, and backpacks are needed each August. Uniforms include navy blue pants/skirts, yellow polo shirts, and navy blue sweaters;
- Magazines (i.e. National Geographic, fashion, fitness, cultural, & food);
- Arts and crafts supplies.