Bright Beginnings, Inc. 5k
Bright Beginnings is dedicated to meeting the immediate needs of children and families experiencing homelessness.
Date: April 27, 2019
Time: 8:00 am
Location: Anacostia Park
1900 Anacostia Dr. SE
Washington, DC 20020
– 5k: $30 through March 31, $35 until online registration closes
– Stroller 5k: $35 through March 31, $40 until online registration closes
– 5k (Children 17 & Under): $25 through March 31, $30 until online registration closes
1. Where is the race?
Anacostia Park. Stay tuned for a specific site map, coming soon!
2. Will I receive a t-shirt?
Registrants will receive a commemorative race shirt. Registrants can upgrade to a technical t-shirt for an additional $10. Be sure to register early, shirts cannot be guaranteed if you register after April 9.
3. Can I register on race day?
registration will close on Thursday, April 25 at 8 pm. In person registration
will be available during packet pick up.
We will not be able to register any new runners on race day.
4. When is packet pick up?
Race packets will be available at the =PR= DC Store on Friday, April 26 from 5-7 pm and then on race morning at the race site starting at 7 am.
5. Are there prizes?
There will be prizes for the overall male and female finisher and top male and female in each of the following age groups; 17 & Under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 & over.
6. Are children welcome?
Children are more than welcome to attend! Children ages 0-17 can register at a special rate: $25 through March 31, $30 until online registration closes
7. Can I bring my dog?
Yes! Well-behaved dogs are welcome to join the race
8. Can I (and my friends/family/school/running group) help fundraise for the race?
We would love your help making the race a success! You can set up a team on our Crowdrise page: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/bright-beginnings-5k-2019
9. Can I follow you on social media?
Yes! Please like our Facebook page for updates and special events: http://www.facebook.com/BBIDC5K
10. Where Can I Direct My Question if it’s Not Answered Here?
Please submit all questions through our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BBIDC5K